Achieve objectives. Add value.
- Objectives – clear intent, meaningful purpose, constrained optimization framework.
- Creativity – from everyone from communication. Always think innovation, apply to strategy, quality, productivity.
- Productivity – from communication and objective focus. Make it visible, ensure quality, minimize waste.
Lead people. Deliver results.
- Ownership – own the objectives, own the problems, own the solutions. Credit others.
- Relationships – lead in all directions, listen, flank, provide purpose, autonomy and mastery.
- Standards – are not what is stated but what is demonstrably accepted.
Here. Now. Embrace uncertainty.
- Action – Prioritize and execute now, be effective not ineffective.
- Reassess – Detach, re-evaluate effectiveness, reprioritise and adapt.
- “DISCIPLINE = FREEDOM” (Mantra from Extreme Ownership)
Acknowledgements and Sources
Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles at agilemanifesto.org
Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin